Experienced UX and visual designer who is passionate about creating great products and services based on established research methodologies and innovative creative strategies that put the user first.
Web Content Manager, Avalara Inc., Seattle, WA — 2012-2015
Operated in dual capacities as UX designer and product manager, creating a suite of web-based marketing and product sites for a well-funded and fast-growing transactional tax software startup.
- Directed the visual appearance of content and design for new pages, features, and enhancements for customer-facing web properties
- Initiated, pitched, and spearheaded major UI re-designs for a more intuitive user-experience and optimal goal conversions within an e-commerce experience
- Advocated human-centered design during the development process by subjecting early-stage wireframes to live usability testing and expert review
- Developed wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas
Designer, Girvin | Strategic Branding — 2010-2012
Managed, coordinated, and implemented brand strategy and design collateral for a wide range of clients, including Vans, Dannon, SYFY, Cheerwine, and Lucy.
- Managed up to five design projects or tasks at a time while meeting weekly deadlines and staying within billable hours budgets
- Recommended and iteratively consulted with clients on the most appropriate design options based on their overall brand, sales, and marketing goals
- Developed branded content and design for social, web, and other digital media
School of Visual Arts, New York City — MFA, Products of Design, Current
EWU, Cheney, WA — BFA, Visual Communication Design, 2010
EWU, Cheney, WA — BA, Journalism, News Editorial, 2010
Agile Development, User Research, Journey Mapping, A/B Testing, Analytics, Wireframing, 2D/3D Prototyping, Bootstrap, HTML/CSS/JS, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Balsamiq, POP, Presentation Design